Project Leader Resources
Project Leaders make it easy for their church or group to participate in Operation Christmas Child. View the checklist below to get ready for National Collection Week.
Hear first-hand from other project leaders!
Project Leader Checklist:
Step 1: Form a Plan
Prayerfully set a shoebox goal.
- Setting a goal is important because it motivates participants and helps you adapt activities as you chart the progress toward the goal.
- To reach your goal, will you invite individuals and families to pack their own shoebox gifts?
- Or, will you organize and host a packing party for your group? If yes, download our editable packing party signs.
Bonus idea: Download and print the Project Leader Timeline.
How will you collect the $10 per shoebox shipping donation?
- By individual shoebox packers attaching the donations to their gifts
- By creating your own fundraising webpage?
Cast vision and discuss plan with church or group leadership.
- Download our Taking Operation Christmas Child Churchwide resource.
Step 2: Get the Word Out
Implement the promotional plan.
- Use a selection of OCC brochures, promotional inserts, web banners, videos, photos, etc., from the Resources and Ideas Hub.
- Share OCC stories, photos, and videos from OCC’s webpages.
Review the steps of packing a shoebox.
Step 3: Collect and Celebrate
Collect and Celebrate What God has Done!
- Host a Celebration Event.
- Collect shoeboxes in a high traffic area so people will notice as more gifts are collected.
- Share your photos with @OCC_Canada, using the hashtag #ilovepackingshoeboxes.
- Bring gift-filled shoeboxes to the drop-off location nearest you, open annually during National Collection Week (the third week in November).
Bonus idea: Serve year-round and coordinate a shoebox drop-off location during National Collection Week.
Donation increase to $10 per shoebox gift
A $10 donation per shoebox gift is critical to cover shipping and other ministry expenses.