Project Leaders make it easy for their church or group to participate in Operation Christmas Child. View the checklist below to get ready for National Collection Week, November 12-18, 2018.
Check out our Project Updates.
Hear first-hand from other project leaders!
Project Leader Checklist:
Step 1: Form a Plan
Prayerfully set a shoebox goal.
- Setting a goal is important because it motivates participants and helps you adapt activities as you chart the progress toward the goal.
- To reach your goal, will you invite individuals and families to pack their own shoebox gifts?
- Or, will you organize and host a packing party for your group? If yes, download our editable packing party signs.
Bonus idea: Download and print the Project Leader Timeline.
How will you collect the $10 per shoebox shipping donation?
- By individual shoebox packers attaching the donations to their gifts
- By creating your own fundraising webpage?
Cast vision and discuss plan with church or group leadership.
- Download our Taking Operation Christmas Child Churchwide resource.
Step 2: Get the Word Out
Implement the promotional plan.
- Use a selection of Operation Christmas Child brochures, promotional inserts, web banners, videos, photos, etc., from the Resources and Ideas Hub.
- Share stories, photos, and videos from Operation Christmas Child’s webpages.
Review the steps of packing a shoebox.
Step 3: Collect and Celebrate
Collect and Celebrate What God has Done!
- Join hundreds of churches across Canada and host a Celebration Event. Set a date as your deadline to collect shoeboxes at your location, then celebrate, and dedicate your shoebox gifts to the Lord!
- Collect shoeboxes in a high traffic area so people will notice as more gifts are collected.
- Share your photos with @OCC_Canada, using the hashtag #ilovepackingshoeboxes.
- Plan wisely so you have plenty of time to bring your gift-filled shoeboxes to the drop-off location nearest to you, during National Collection Week, November 12-18, 2018.
Bonus idea: Serve year-round and coordinate a shoebox drop-off location during National Collection Week.
Donation increase to $10 per shoebox gift
A $10 donation per shoebox gift is critical to cover shipping and other ministry expenses.
Discover the destination of your online shoebox gift!
When you pack your online shoebox(es) with us, select the "Follow my shoebox" checkbox. We will email you when we know which country your shoebox(es) will be sent to. The email will share about the impact that shoebox gifts are having on children, their country, and the spreading of the Gospel message. Learn more at packabox.ca
New Children’s Resources available!
Operation Christmas Child is a great mission project for kids! Whether you are focusing on packing shoeboxes as a family or as a group during Sunday school, children’s church, or VBS, these Children’s Resources will help your boys and girls learn more about the importance of giving in Jesus’ Name.
Did you drop off shoeboxes with Greyhound last year?
If yes, please read this important update.
Find out where you can drop off your gift filled shoeboxes in November