Project Leaders make it easy for their church or group to participate in Operation Christmas Child. View the checklist below to get ready for National Collection Week, November 12-18, 2018.
Hear first-hand from other project leaders!
Project Leader Checklist:
Step 1: Form a Plan
Prayerfully set a shoebox goal.
- Setting a goal is important because it motivates participants and helps you adapt activities as you chart the progress toward the goal.
- To reach your goal, will you invite individuals and families to pack their own shoebox gifts?
- Or, will you organize and host a packing party for your group? If yes, download our editable packing party signs.
Bonus idea: Download and print the Project Leader Timeline.
How will you collect the $10 per shoebox shipping donation?
- By individual shoebox packers attaching the donations to their gifts
- By creating your own fundraising webpage?
Cast vision and discuss plan with church or group leadership.
- Download our Taking Operation Christmas Child Churchwide resource.
Step 2: Get the Word Out
Implement the promotional plan.
- Use a selection of OCC brochures, promotional inserts, web banners, videos, photos, etc., from the Resources and Ideas Hub.
- Share OCC stories, photos, and videos from OCC’s webpages.
Review the steps of packing a shoebox.
Step 3: Collect and Celebrate
Collect and Celebrate What God has Done!
- Host a Celebration Event.
- Collect shoeboxes in a high traffic area so people will notice as more gifts are collected.
- Share your photos with @OCC_Canada, using the hashtag #ilovepackingshoeboxes.
- Bring gift-filled shoeboxes to the drop-off location nearest you, open annually during National Collection Week (the third week in November).
Bonus idea: Serve year-round and coordinate a shoebox drop-off location during National Collection Week.
Donation increase to $10 per shoebox gift
A $10 donation per shoebox gift is critical to cover shipping and other ministry expenses.