Project Leaders make it easy for their church or group to participate in Operation Christmas Child. View the checklist below to get ready for National Collection Week, November 16-22, 2020.
Check out our Project Updates.
Hear first-hand from other project leaders!
Project Leader Checklist:
Prayerfully set a shoebox goal.
- Setting a goal is important because it motivates participants and helps you adapt activities as you chart the progress toward the goal.
- To reach your goal, will you invite individuals and families to pack their own shoebox gifts?
- Or, will you organize and host a packing party for your group? If yes, download our editable packing party signs.
- Don't forget to order shoeboxes and other resources, including posters and brochures.
How will you collect the $10 per shoebox shipping donation?
- By individual shoebox packers attaching the donations to their gifts
- By creating your own fundraising webpage?
Cast vision and discuss plan with church or group leadership.
- Download our Taking OCC Churchwide resource.
Implement the promotional plan.
- Use a selection of Operation Christmas Child brochures, promotional inserts, web banners, videos, photos, etc., from the Resources and Ideas Hub.
- Share stories, photos, and videos from Operation Christmas Child’s webpages.
Review the steps of packing a shoebox.
Collect and Celebrate What God has Done!
- Join hundreds of churches across Canada and host a Celebration Event. Set a date as your deadline to collect shoeboxes at your location, then celebrate, and dedicate your shoebox gifts to the Lord!
- Collect shoeboxes in a high traffic area so people will notice as more gifts are collected.
- Share your photos with @OCC_Canada, using the hashtag #ilovepackingshoeboxes.
- Plan wisely so you have plenty of time to bring your gift-filled shoeboxes to the drop-off location nearest to you, during National Collection Week, November 16-22, 2020.