Host a Packing Party
Organizing a shoebox packing party is easy—Just follow the steps below to plan your event.
Pray before, during, and after your packing party—prayer is crucial to Operation Christmas Child. Pray for many children and families to come to saving faith in Jesus Christ through the outreach of local churches worldwide.
Plan Your Party & Order Free Materials
Sample event schedule
Order free promotional materials
- Check out our Resources and Ideas Hub for all the Operation Christmas Child items Samaritan’s Purse has to offer to help you promote your event. You’ll find free materials, preprinted shoeboxes, posters, DVDs, and other items.
Share Operation Christmas Child videos at your party
Other helpful resources
Collect items to fill your shoeboxes
Select quality “wow” items such as dolls, soccer balls with pumps, or stuffed animals. Also find other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies.
Collect $10 per Shoebox
A donation of $10 per box is critical to provide for the expenses of shoebox collection, shipping, and delivery, as well as training ministry partners. Learn more.
Here are ways your packing party can raise these funds:
Use a fundraiser page
- Create a fundraising campaign through our SponsorMe website. It is easy to use and a great way to personalize your fundraising efforts.
Collecting $10 donations for a large amount of shoeboxes
- Ask your church or group to take up a shoebox offering or donation collection.
- Host fundraisers, such as pancake breakfasts, yard sales, or bake sales.
- Set up a tree decorated with small empty containers or envelopes, encouraging participants to involve friends and family in filling the items with donations.
Drop off your shoeboxes
Plan wisely so you have plenty of time to bring your gift-filled shoeboxes to the drop off location nearest to you during National Collection Week, November 18 – 24, 2019.
Post the results of your packing party on social media tagging @OCC_Canada using the hashtag #ilovepackingshoeboxes