Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event by providing water, food, shelter and medical care while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Samaritan’s Purse is seeking logistics & supply chain management personnel to serve on our Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART). The Samaritan’s Purse DART stand ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART program is composed of readily available professionals trained to respond within a complex international environment. DART members must have a flexible schedule since deployments occur with little or no warning and have the drive and passion to work in the midst of devastation and tragedy. The locations and living conditions can be challenging and the workdays long and hard. We are searching for flexible people who can overcome daunting logistical challenges to bring help and hope to those who need it most.
DART Logistics & Supply Chain Management Personnel provide the necessary support to ensure effective responses. They oversee and implement the purchasing and procurement, warehousing, and transportation of goods, assets, and deliverables for responses. They serve along each stage of the supply line and deploy to crisis situations in some of the toughest locations around the world to serve those in desperate need in the name of Jesus. DART Logistics & Supply Chain Management personnel are logistically minded operations experts who are willing and able to step aside from their normal career for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time to answer the call to respond.
Applicable Careers and Career Fields (not exhaustive)
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Purchaser/Purchasing Manager
- Purchasing Agent/Buyer
- Logistics Engineering
- Distribution Manager
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Transportation Manager
- Load Planner/Master
- Business Owner
- Humanitarian Aid
- Disaster Relief
- Non-Profit Management
Examples of roles you might fill on a DART deployment as Logistics & Supply Chain Management Personnel:
- Logistics Officer
- Logistics Manager
- Sending/Receiving Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Procurement Coordinator
- Flight Operations
- Warehouse Manager
- Fleet Manager
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 3-5 years proven work experience in applicable career field(s) and within the last five years is required
- 1-2 years’ professional experience in international context or disaster response management in developing countries is highly desirable.
- Available on short notice for immediate 4 week deployment at least once every 2 years.
- Able to serve within a very fast-paced environment, 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment
- Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to work as a member of a team, particularly cross-culturally with a variety of health and non-health authorities
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
- Willingness to engage in daily prayer ministry with the DART team and with the patients we serve
- Maintains an evangelical heart and passion for others to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
These are not volunteer opportunities; a daily stipend, travel, lodging, meals and emergency travel insurance are covered by the organization.
To respond to this opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose, please download and fill out this application form, and send it with your updated resume to Samaritan’s Purse Canada Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details about our DART program, please click here.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.