Region: Various Locations
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Our International Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) stands ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART program is composed of on-call, readily available professionals trained to respond within a complex international environment. As deployments occur with little or no warning, DART members must have a flexible schedule. Our DART members work in the midst of devastation and tragedy. We need flexible people who can overcome daunting logistical challenges to bring help to those who need it most. The locations and living conditions can be challenging and the workdays long and hard. However, Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event by providing water, food, shelter and medical care while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification work experience and professional skills in the medical sector:
(ER doctors, internal/family medicine, critical care doctors, pediatricians, orthopedic surgeons, trauma/general surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetist, OR nurses, registered nurses, OR technicians, lab technicians, pharmacists and radiology technicians).
- 1-2 year’s professional experience in international context or disaster response management is highly desirable.
- Available on short notice for immediate 4 week deployment (and an additional 2 weeks self-isolation for current COVID-19 response)
- Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Sufficient travel, volunteer or work experience in developing countries
- Willingness to engage in daily prayer ministry with the DART team and with the patients we serve
- Maintains an evangelical heart and passion for others to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Valid medical license
- Travel vaccinations up to date
- This is not a volunteer opportunity; a daily stipend, travel, lodging, meals and emergency travel insurance are covered by the organization.
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
For more details about our DART program, please visit SamaritansPurse.ca/DART
The recruiting, selection and training for ongoing DART positions takes place a few times each year. If you are interested in being considered for other non-medical DART positions, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you once our non-medical DART position are open for online application again. In the meantime, we encourage you to continue to partner with us in prayer for the urgent recruitment and deployment of medical professionals.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.