Region: Calgary, AB
Are you a vibrant and enthusiastic individual with a knack for providing top-notch customer service? Is your heart filled with a burning desire to champion meaningful causes? Well, hold onto your hats, because Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is on the lookout for a Donor Ministry Representative to jump aboard our spirited team and make a positive impact in the lives of many!
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
As a Donor Ministry Representative, you will be at the forefront of our organization, engaging with our generous donors and making a difference in their lives. Your responsibilities will include answering incoming calls, providing comprehensive information about our programs, accepting donations, and offering heartfelt prayers to our valued supporters. In this role, you will also play a crucial part in strengthening our relationships with donors by carrying out various tasks within the Donor Ministries department. Your contributions will directly impact the accuracy and timeliness of donor information used by our Development team. As a valued member of our Donor Ministry team, you will help the organization carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a casual seasonal role in the Calgary head office.
If you’re ready to make a meaningful difference and be part of a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us in our mission to bring hope and support to those in need. Together, we can make a lasting impact!
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responds promptly and respectfully to donor calls, providing information on ministry initiatives, donations, tax receipts, corrections, mailings, and recurring donation setup
- Efficiently replies to or disseminates for response, all incoming emails in the general email inbox
- Updates and maintains accurate donor records to reflect appropriate contact requirements and reports
- Identifies and communicates with the Development Team regarding donors who have expressed an interest in specific ministry activities/information
- Assists with outbound phone calls and follow-up with donors as necessary
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Post-secondary diploma and/or experience in Office Administration
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service role; call center experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented, consistent, accurate and efficient
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast-paced setting with minimal oversight, while also exhibiting strong teamwork skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.