Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is seeking a hardworking individual with an eye for details to join our Operations team, as Grounds & Facility Maintenance. Reporting to the Facility Supervisor, This role entails the meticulous upkeep and enhancement of our facilities through regular maintenance, and thoughtful landscaping practices and snow removal. As an integral member of the Operations department, this role will help Samaritan’s Purse Canada carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a casual one-year contract position in the Calgary head office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performs lawn care tasks such as mowing, edging, and debris removal
- Undertakes planting and maintenance of trees, shrubs, flowers, and bulbs, including weeding, pruning, trimming, and fertilizing as needed
- Utilizes hand tools, power tools, and other necessary equipment to complete job tasks
- Operates power equipment including, but not limited to, lawn tractors, lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, aerators, sweepers, etc.
- Moves and transports materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies and manual lifting
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Communicates with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- Contributes on diverse maintenance responsibilities, including meeting space setups and preparing surfaces for painting
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in horticulture or landscaping maintenance
- Plant knowledge and identification, and experience in plant care
- Competent in the use of power tools (lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, etc.)
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various softscape practices
- Physically fit with strong stamina
- Committed to follow safe working procedures
- Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License
- CPR and First Aid Training is an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.