Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a skilled Facility Technician to join our Operations team. This individual will be responsible for performing general maintenance, setup, and seamless operation of the building premises and surrounding grounds. This encompasses a diverse range of tasks, including the management of audio-visual and media equipment, utilizing their technical expertise to guarantee that equipment setups are accessible for supporting employee training sessions and various events. Reporting to the Facility Supervisor and together with the team, the Facility Technician will provide a safe, comfortable working environment and atmosphere, which facilitates the operational needs of the ministry. As an integral member of the Operations department, this role will help Samaritan’s Purse Canada carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time one-year contract position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability, RRSP contributions after one year of employment, and 15 vacation days per year to start.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance in the building (i.e. light bulb replacement, filter replacement, paint touch-ups etc.)
- Performs routine equipment maintenance tasks on vehicles and equipment
- Ensures the maintenance and effective operation of the facility by inspecting interior and exterior spaces, HVAC, mechanical, electrical heating, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and security systems equipment on a routine basis and reports status to supervisor
- Assists trades personnel as part of their duties including, but not limited to: painting, carpentry, dry-walling, door hardware repair, minor plumbing and, general maintenance
- Observes the work of maintenance personnel contractors and volunteers hired to make repairs to ensure expectations are met
- Provides general facility custodial support (i.e. re-supply dispensers and maintaining cleanliness)
- Provides support for grounds maintenance including landscaping (i.e. lawn mowing, trimming, maintenance of tree wells etc.), sweeping, garbage removal, snow clearing etc.
- Oversees A/V equipment, including operation and maintenance, and ensures all users are trained and equipped to use the equipment
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 1-2 years of experience in building maintenance
- Proficient in mechanical concepts with basic maintenance skills
- Excellent observation skills, problem solving skills, and strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of A/V equipment is required
- Working knowledge of security and HVAC software is an asset
- Ability to work with little supervision and respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situations
- Ability to do physically demanding work
- Professional appearance and demeanor with superior customer service skills
- Competent in the use of power tools (lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, etc.)
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools with a commitment to follow safe working procedures
- Flexibility to work before/after business hours occasionally and on weekends, as well as being on call for after hour emergencies for issues related to security and other facility needs
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License
- CPR and First Aid Training is an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.