Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada has had open doors to share the gospel is through the shoebox gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Are you a dynamic, self-motivated individual looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the world around you? Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a Domestic Field Manager for our Operation Christmas Child Program. The Domestic Field Manager is responsible for the recruitment, leadership, development, performance management, and ongoing oversight of the OCC Regional Managers. The Domestic Field Manager will guide and direct a team of geographically dispersed staff, from across Canada, to manage and grow the CONNECT Volunteer structure.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office, with a hybrid work-from-home arrangement available. Telecommuting work arrangements can be made for remote applicants. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability, RRSP contributions (after one year of employment), and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Director of OCC to develop and implement strategies to grow OCC in each region of the country
- Collaborates with the Director of OCC to set the budget for the Regional Managers and CONNECT volunteer development
- Develops and coaches Regional Managers in the planning, implementation, and achievement of goals to mature the CONNECT volunteer program and deepen participation in each ministry area
- Mentors and provides spiritual support to Regional Managers in their development of regional Ministry Plans, High Impact principles, and processes for volunteer recruitment, selection, training, and development
- Ensures all aspects of the High Impact Volunteer Strategy align with and are implemented as per the integration model developed in partnership with IHQ
- Manages the implementation of globally-integrated OCC policy and procedure that is aligned with IHQ and other international Affiliate Offices
- Collaborates with the Director of OCC and Volunteer Relations Coordinator to plan and implement strategic CONNECT Conference annually
- Able and willing to present to churches, groups, and organizations regarding OCC’s mission and work
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Passionate about Christian ministry and sharing the Gospel
- Post-Secondary business education and/or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years proven track record in management and leadership, with experience managing a geographically dispersed team
- Demonstrated experience in building and starting programs and ministries (particularly in direct volunteer ministry) is required
- Experience in sales and sales management is an asset
- Public speaking or presentation experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Availability for media interviews and speaking engagements as needed
- Good organizational skills
- Proven ability to maintain the confidentiality of records and information
- Self-directed and goal-oriented
- Available to travel as required
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.