Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is currently in search of a dedicated Senior Project Manager to join our Communications and Creative Services (C&CS) Team. This individual will play a crucial part in planning and steering the development of all C&CS projects which encompasses project planning management, execution, and evaluation. The primary focus of this position will be the adept management of both digital and print campaigns, from the initial request phase right through to the seamless delivery of the finalized products, ensuring timely, cost-effective and accurate completion. As an integral member of the C&CS Management Team, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time position in the Calgary head office, with a hybrid work-from-home arrangement available. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability, RRSP contributions after one year of employment, and 15 vacation days per year to start.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plans, leads, and executes projects, encompassing schedule negotiation, production workflow management, and oversight of project routing to International Headquarters (IHQ) and internal clients
- Manages C&CS work requests, leading weekly meetings to update requesters on request status
- Acts as liaison between C&CS, IHQ, and internal departments, fostering effective project management, enhancing communication and workflow, and upholding global brand standards
- As a member of the C&CS leadership team, this role collaborates with IHQ and the Ministry Department leads to provide comprehensive updates, ensuring necessary approvals are secured, and delivering regular reports on project status, budget control, POs, and invoicing
- Reviews project narratives and financial reports, promptly addressing discrepancies and ensuring budget adherence
- Establishes procedures and processes for how C&CS works with Ministry Teams documenting communication requests and processes, clarifying project scope, and optimizing workflow
- Builds and nurtures vendor relationships, defines job specifications, requests quotations, and identifies cost-saving opportunities
- Offers support in the development of digital communications content for ministries with an opportunity for both national and international travel
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, or other related field is an asset
- 5+ years of project management experience and a solid administrative background
- Experience in large-scale multi-departmental and cross-functional project implementation
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and Jira
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail, and a proven track record of prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
- Adaptable, flexible, and can thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- An effective collaborator, equally capable of working autonomously or as an integral part of a team
- Budget and inventory management skills is an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.