Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is currently in search of a dedicated Project Manager to join our Communications and Creative Services (C&CS) Team. This individual will play a crucial part in steering the development of all C&CS projects which encompasses project planning management, execution, and evaluation. The primary focus of this position will be the adept management of both digital and print campaigns, from the initial request phase right through to the seamless delivery of the finalized products, ensuring timely, cost-effective and accurate completion. As an integral member of the C&CS Team, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time position in the Calgary head office, with a hybrid work-from-home arrangement available. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability, RRSP contributions after one year of employment, and 15 vacation days per year to start.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plans, leads, and executes projects, encompassing schedule negotiation, production workflow management, and oversight of project routing to International Headquarters (IHQ) and internal clients
- Manages C&CS work requests, conducting weekly meetings to update requesters on request status
- Acts as liaison between C&CS, IHQ, and internal departments, fostering effective project management, enhancing communication and workflow, and upholding global brand standards
- Collaborates with C&CS leadership and IHQ to provide comprehensive updates, ensuring necessary approvals are secured, and delivering regular reports on project status, budget control, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Reviews project narratives and financial reports, promptly addressing discrepancies and ensuring budget adherence
- Establishes procedures for documenting communication requests, clarifying project scope, and optimizing workflow
- Builds and nurtures vendor relationships, defines job specifications, requests quotations, and identifies cost-saving opportunities
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- 3+ years of project management experience and a solid administrative background
- Experience in large-scale multi-departmental and cross-functional project implementation
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail, and a proven track record of prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
- Adaptable, flexible, and can thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- An effective collaborator, equally capable of working autonomously or as an integral part of a team
- Budget and inventory management skills is an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.