It’s easy for your business or organization to support Operation Christmas Child through in-kind donations. From toys and school supplies to machinery and transportation, the opportunities are endless.
Looking for a way to clear out excess inventories? Operation Christmas Child makes it easy!
Benefits for your company:
- Significant tax deductions
- Free pick up of your items (in most cases)
- Clear out large quantities of excess inventory (over-stock, discontinued, misprinted, unsalable items) that you currently pay to store or throw away)
- Prevent product from entering the domestic market (gift items are distributed overseas)
- Opportunities to promote your business alongside the world’s largest children’s Christmas project
We can use:
A variety of gift items to fill shoebox gifts for hurting children:
- Hygiene Items (toothbrushes, hair brushes, combs, hair bows, face cloths, bar soap)
- School Supplies (notebooks, pens, pencils, crayons, calculators)
- Toys (yo-yo’s, toy cars, marbles, stuffed animals, small instruments)
- Clothing Items (outdated branded clothing, t-shirts, hats, flip-flops, sunglasses)
Hospitality supplies for thousands of volunteers
- Plastic cutlery, paper plates, napkins, and paper cups
- Food (beverages, baked goods, lunch items, soup)
Warehouse supplies to keep our operation running smoothly
- Markers, tape guns, utility knives, packing tape, elastics, and more
- Equipment such as forklifts, floor trucks, etc. can be given outright, loaned to us for a short time, or donated as a rental.
Warehouse Space (locations)
- Before being shipped overseas, each gift must be inspected and prepared. Hundreds of thousands of shoeboxes and thousands of volunteers take up a lot of space. You can help us each fall by donating empty warehouse space to be used as a processing center. Facilities from 30,000 to 100,000 square feet are needed near Kitchener/Waterloo, Cambridge or the Greater Toronto Area.
Transportation to move hundreds of thousands of gifts cross-Canada and internationally
- Your gift of print, radio, television, or online advertising or airtime can have a tremendous impact by inspiring more individuals to pack shoebox gifts.
- Gifts such as tickets to events or attractions can provide exciting incentives that can be used during Operation Christmas Child special promotions or contests.
- Operation Christmas Child produces a considerable amount of promotional materials each year. Production of these materials happens during the second quarter of each year.
- If you have a question about your product or service as a gift-in-kind, please contact us via the form below.
Email email@example.com to see how you can get involved.