Important COVID-19 Updates
Important COVID-19 Updates
Page Last Updated: September 15, 2021
The COVID-19 global pandemic has disrupted everyday life for millions of people around the world. Yet, Samaritan’s Purse continues to share the eternal hope of the Gospel and to serve in Jesus’ Name.
We want boys and girls around the world to know that God loves them and has not forgotten them during this time of fear and uncertainty. Children need great joy now more than ever. Most of all, they need the hope found only in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Will you partner with us to share that glorious hope with boys and girls around the world—many of whom have never heard the Name of Jesus?
We’re in the midst of a great Operation Christmas Child season. We continue to monitor local, provincial, and national guidelines and make adjustments to help protect the health of those involved in preparing shoebox gifts.
National Collection Week 2021
National Collection Week is November 15-21, 2021. You can pack a shoebox gift today and bring Good News and great joy to children around the world! Get started today with our easy and fun guide to packing shoebox gifts here.
Shoebox Packing: Traditional and Online
We still encourage you to prayerfully pack shoeboxes full of toys, school supplies, and hygiene items for children in need around the world. If, however, getting out to a store is difficult for you due to the pandemic, consider packing shoeboxes online! You can still select the items you want to include in your box and personalize it with a note and photo.
Last year, many people chose to create a goal page to encourage others in their church or group to pack shoeboxes online, too! Many of these shoeboxes are delivered to hard-to-reach areas to share the Good News in a culturally sensitive way.
Check out our digital resources for churches and groups!
Search for the drop-off location nearest you at the beginning of September using our drop-off locator. Don’t forget to check back on that page just before National Collection Week (Nov. 15-21) for the latest information and locations.
Samaritan’s Purse is again processing shoebox gifts at our processing center in Calgary. Volunteer shifts to serve in our Calgary processing center will start on November 25 and wrap up on December 10, 2021. Registration to book volunteer shifts will open on October 4 and last throughout the processing season.
Please check back later for additional updates about what to expect at the processing center this year. If you register to serve, we will communicate with you regularly via email regarding the modifications being made to prepare for your visit.
General Processing Center Guidelines
- Before your service date, everyone in your group should be free of COVID-19 related symptoms for 14 days and should not have been exposed to anyone that is known positive for COVID-19 during that same time period. If you or someone in your group has symptoms, please do not come.
- Every volunteer needs to print and bring a completed COVID-19 Health Assessment form for each shift to the processing center. Every volunteer needs to print and bring a completed Short-Term Volunteer Release form to the processing center for their first shift of 2021. This will expedite volunteer check-in and help to prevent unneeded risks of completing waivers on-site.
- Samaritan’s Purse will ask volunteers to follow local guidelines regarding the use of face coverings.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the facility.
- Volunteers may be required to wear a face covering while in the processing center. Masks will be available onsite for those who do not have one.
- Designated staff will clean and sanitize the properties frequently.
- Volunteer group leaders will receive additional information regarding how to prepare for COVID-19 modifications prior to arrival.
Digital Resources for Churches and Groups
Pack Shoeboxes Online
Let us pack a box for you based on gift selections you make.
Pack Shoeboxes Online – Goal Pages
In a few easy steps, create a custom webpage for your church, group, or event to track your progress toward a shoebox goal! We’ll send you a unique link for you to share by email or social media to get others involved in building shoeboxes online.
Social Media Graphics
Customizable Media Slides
Use this editable slide with an image of shoebox recipients to inform your church or group know when you’ll be packing boxes together.