Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the Shoebox gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada is showing God’s love is through the international distribution of gift-filled shoeboxes packed by Canadians through our Operation Christmas Child Department. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support all the administrative functions and basic HR functions of the Processing Center for the upcoming season. This will include scheduling interviews, conducting references checks, administration of contracts and other related duties. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and devotions. This is a contract position located in the Calgary Head Office starting early September 2019 and currently scheduled until December 20, 2019.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Able to make introductory calls (cold calls) to prospective Gift in Kind Donors
- 1 – 3 years working in an administrative role
- Strong computer skills with MS Office experience and superior data entry skills
- HR administration experience preferred
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.