Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse International is currently seeking a skilled Global Technical Advisor for the Projects department. As the Global Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Advisor, you will play a vital role in supporting and enhancing Samaritan’s Purse’s water, sanitation, and hygiene initiatives worldwide. Your primary responsibilities will revolve around disaster relief efforts, providing training, and building the capacity of our WASH field staff. This will involve guiding them in the design, monitoring, reporting, and adherence to donor regulations. As this role involves collaborating on a global scale, frequent international travel will be expected.
This position offers the flexibility to work from a home office anywhere in Canada. The role comes with a comprehensive benefits package, including life insurance, medical/dental coverage, and short-term/long-term disability benefits, as well as 15 days of vacation per year.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consult with field offices to address WASH challenges and build staff capacity
- Provide technical support for WASH projects and integrate spiritual aspects into interventions
- Disseminate resources and knowledge to enhance WASH programs in the field
- Review WASH portions of grant proposals as part of the awards management process
- Support WASH disaster relief efforts, including deployment on response teams
- Serve on Incident Management Team and Disaster Assistance Response Team
- Assist in interviewing candidates for WASH positions in the field
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse at WASH-related or donor events
- Continuously develop professional knowledge in the global WASH sector
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering, geology, biology, public health, or a related field, with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in reading, analyzing, and interpreting periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English
- Strong report-writing skills, business correspondence expertise, and the ability to create procedure manuals
- Effective presentation skills to convey information and respond to inquiries from various audiences, including managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Knowledge of foreign languages, particularly French and/or Spanish, is advantageous
- Strong problem-solving abilities, including the capacity to gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Capability to interpret a wide range of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with both abstract and concrete variables
- Possession of a valid passport and the ability to travel internationally or domestically (approximately 4-5 trips per year), often in challenging conditions due to extreme climates and remote locations.
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.