Are you a student, freelancer, seasonal or part-time worker, or retired individual looking for a casual work? Do you have a passion for community service and a knack for organization? Are you the dependable person others trust to manage intricate details? If so, we want to hear from you!
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
As a Volunteer Coordinator for our Canadian Ministry Projects (CMP) Team, you will play a pivotal role in our organization, organizing the coordination and administration of our esteemed volunteers and volunteer teams. Your responsibilities will span a wide range of essential tasks, including scheduling, database management, communications, logistics, and other critical administrative functions. As an integral member of the CMP, this role will help Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a casual one-year contract position in the Calgary head office.
If you’re ready to earnestly commit and truly make a difference when it counts the most, we encourage you to apply today. Come alongside us as we extend a compassionate hand to communities in need throughout Canada. Together, let’s make a lasting impact that resonates across the nation and beyond.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides information and updates to volunteers to ensure they are properly equipped and prepared to serve
- Coordinates logistics and assists with travel arrangements for volunteer groups
- Communicates in a timely manner with colleagues in the office and the field to ensure information is kept up to date, and any issues are raised
- Responds to volunteer inquiries in a timely and accurate fashion
- Updates volunteer management system to ensure accuracy of data and communications
- Represents SPC in a professional manner when communicating by email and phone with volunteers and partner organizations
- Offers strategic insights and recommendations to enhance the volunteer program
- Participates in after-action reviews to provide feedback about volunteer coordination
- Qualified applicants must be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative and/or customer service role
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong administration, organization, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills, excelling in interactions with individuals from various backgrounds and demographics, and consistently exhibits a high level of patience and understanding
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Demonstrated experience using database systems such as CRM
- Disaster response and/or volunteer coordination experience is an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.