Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a hardworking individual with an eye for details to fill 4-month contract position as Grounds Maintenance Attendant. This individual will be responsible for the regular maintenance and landscaping on the grounds at our main office in North East Calgary and will be tasked to cut grass, trim edges, clean up refuse, blow trimmings, fertilize and water designated area, in addition to other grounds care duties. The Grounds Maintenance Attendant will be expected to safely use hand tools, power tools and other necessary equipment to complete their tasks while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
As an integral member of the Operations, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a contract position from April 1st until August 30th, 2019.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- 1-3 years of experience in horticulture or landscaping maintenance
- Plant knowledge and identification, and experience in plant care
- Competent in the use of power tools (lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, etc.)
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various softscape practices
- Physically fit with strong stamina
- Committed to follow safe working procedures
- Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.