Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Full Stack Developer who will be responsible for providing timely support and design of assigned software solutions for the client departments of SPC. This individual will participate in the support of software and web based applications, data transformation services, SQL queries and report generation. As an integral member of the Information Technology department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary office.
- Assists in the maintenance of software applications, web applications and SSIS packages.
- Ensures applications are developed based on defined requirements in a timely manner.
- Documents tools, techniques and procedures necessary to support the programming function.
- Participates in ongoing Information Technology process improvements in the Software Development Lifecycle, including planning, development, testing, deployment and implementation.
- Provides end user training to staff as necessary.
- Participates in site requirements analysis, system design and development.
- Assists the Information Technology Team in meeting the needs of client departments as directed.
- Responds to requests for support with software systems and related information requests.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Computer Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- PHP and Linux experience considered an asset.
- SharePoint experience is considered an asset.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience is considered an asset.
- Detail oriented, consistent, accurate and efficient.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and ability to understand complex processes.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies.
- General understanding of accounting principles and inventory systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and also be a team player.
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: November 24, 2020
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.