Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a proactive Recruiter who will be responsible for the recruitment and selection process for the Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART). As part of the recruiting team, this position will support hiring managers in selecting the right talent for disaster response teams through job posting, interviews, and reference checks, and will be one of two contacts for all applicants. This individual will ensure that all successful applicants have a strong alignment with the mission and purpose of the organization, and as a natural networker, will establish connections with various institutions and professional associations to increase recruitment reach. As an integral member of the Human Resources team, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time one-year contract position in the Calgary head office, with a hybrid work-from-home arrangement available. Telecommuting work arrangements can be made for remote applicants. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability, RRSP contributions (after one year of employment), and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages end-to-end recruitment process, including applicant screening, interviews, and reference checks.
- Responds promptly to employment enquiries and reviews applicant information and suitability for role by conducting interviews and reference checks
- Maintains a comprehensive awareness of the organization’s upcoming and available DART opportunities, and assists in preparing contracts for DART field deployments
- Handles the advertisement of DART positions to maximize recruitment possibilities
- Identifies appropriate field positions for qualified applicants, providing recommendations to hiring departments as appropriate
- Researches recruitment opportunities and contacts post-secondary education institutes and other sources to establish and maintain recruitment communication
- Actively engages in recruitment events and gatherings, such as conventions and professional association conferences, to optimize our outreach and enhance our recruitment efforts
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Business Degree or Diploma with a major or concentration in Human Resources
- 2-3 years of experience in a recruiting role
- 2-3 years of experience as a part of a Human Resources team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced in Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate and build relationships
- Detail-oriented, team player, and maintains confidentiality of records and information
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and self-direction skills
- Personable, professional and approachable
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.