Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the Shoebox gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking passionate individuals who want to join us as members of the Processing Center Floor Team. These individuals will have various roles in the OCC Processing Center, all of which support the processing of all donated shoebox gifts and will be responsible to lead and encourage volunteer engagement. These roles include; Receptionist, various Inventory Coordinator roles and Coaches. Under the guidance of the Processing Center Floor Team, shoeboxes are received and prepared for shipping. Maintaining the integrity of the shoebox gifts and abiding to SPC guidelines and policies is paramount to the responsibilities of the Processing Center Floor Team. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Working knowledge of OCC and other programs of Samaritan’s Purse Canada
- Excellent communication, instructional and customer service skills
- Demonstrates diplomacy and discernment skills
- Dependable and a self-starter
- Strong people skills and an adaptable team player
- Leadership, delegation and problem solving skills
- Good physical health with the ability to perform repetitive tasks, walking or standing for long stretches of time.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 1 year of leadership experience, ideally with volunteers
3 Steps to Apply:
- Print an Application Form
- Complete the Application Form
- Send in your Application Form by:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (indicated “OCC Processing” in the subject line)
- Fax: 403-250-6567 – Attn: Processing Centre Manager
- or Mail:
Processing Centre Manager
20 Hopewell Way NE
Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Interviews will be ongoing until all positions have been filled.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.