Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Operations Christmas Child (OCC) is a program of Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) that seeks to bless children through the distribution of gift filled shoeboxes and to share with them the good news of Jesus Christ and his love for them.
We are currently looking for a highly organized and enthusiastic Volunteer Relations Coordinator to serve on our OCC team who will support the vision, overall direction and ongoing growth of the year-round Connect volunteer ministry across Canada through developing, enhancing and implementing training resources and volunteer initiatives. Under the direction of the Domestic Field Manager, this role will coordinate and implement all Volunteer Relations initiatives and contribute to the effective recruitment, selection, equipping, leading, and retention of year-round and short-term volunteers. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability, RRSP contributions (after 1 year of employment), free parking and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Domestic Field Manager, Regional Managers and International Headquarters (IHQ) to implement SPC’s volunteer onboarding and ensure purposeful growth of the year round volunteer base across Canada
- Participate in the national recruitment, affirmation, engagement, and support strategies for the Connect volunteer ministry; research internal and external recruitment strategies to identify potential prospect pools
- Ensure that both Canadian and IHQ resources and trainings are available to equip our volunteers and field staff for ministry effectiveness
- Create, deliver and oversee national volunteer training initiatives for highly engaged volunteers, including format and curriculum; proactively researches future training and development opportunities
- Develop and coordinate volunteer initiatives and their associated national communication plan; support the planning, facilitation and implementation of Volunteer Conferences/Events, working with the Domestic Field Manager and Field Staff to establish a clear vision
- Manage and maintain volunteer platforms for year round volunteers and serve as help desk support for basic technical issues
- Collect and report volunteer data and statistics for effective program monitoring, evaluation and performance
- Facilitate monthly updates and prepares IHQ and Canadian dashboard reports to communicate the state of the OCC volunteer program
- Support the Domestic Field Manager in the oversight of the Volunteer Relations budget
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Post-secondary education in Communication or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in coordinating volunteers and ministry development
- 1-2 years of experience in office administration is essential
- 1-2 years of experience with large event planning is highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Powerpoint
- Detail oriented with proven organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Sound working knowledge of group processes, group facilitation with an online/web based focus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a strong sense of commitment
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.