Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is looking for an individual with strong communication and administration skills to fill the role of Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator supports the successful facilitation and administration of Human Resources functions and programs, contributing to the productivity and efficiency of department processes. This position works collaboratively with the HR team and internal departments to champion HR programs, provide support and resources, and enhance employee retention and wellbeing. As an integral member of the HR department, this role will help Samaritan’s Purse Canada carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability, RRSP contributions (after 1 year of employment) and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and administer onboarding processes and facilitates orientation for all new hires, including Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) on-call employees, ensuring a smooth and effective experience
- Provide ongoing support to remote team members, ensuring clear communication, resources and equipping to serve on the field
- Facilitate the staff exit process, ensuring timely internal communication, conducting and reporting on exit interviews, administration of exit checklists, and closure of personnel files
- Maintains consistency in strong employee relations while carrying out communications on behalf of the HR Team, through different channels, including the organisational intranet.
- Responsible for the data integrity and accuracy of employee data stored in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) supporting with time and attendance, leave administration
- Plans and implements departmental and companywide training initiatives
- Coordinates and implements a sustainable and effective internship program
- Promote a healthy workplace by facilitating staff care and encouraging mental and physical wellness
- Perform administrative support functions such as preparing communications and manuals as determined by the Human Resources Manager
- Provides support to HR recruiting processes including, but not limited to, interviews, reference checks and posting development
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Business Degree or Diploma with a major or concentration in Human Resources/Industrial Relations/Employee Relations is highly desirable
- 2-3 years of experience as a part of a Human Resources team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with an HRIS (SAP, Kenexa, Kronos, My HR, PeopleSoft, Orange or other HR system) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of relevant Human Resource practices and applicable legislation
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Accurate and efficient; detail-oriented
- Works well within a team environment
- Strong organizational, problem solving and self-direction skills
- Understanding of adult learning principles will be an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.