Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an individual with strong communication and administration skills to fill the role of Human Resources Coordinator in our office in Calgary, Alberta. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the successful execution of Human Resource programs with a primary focus on onboarding and ongoing training and development of staff. This position will also provide support to the Human Resources team through administration and recruitment, to add to the productivity and efficiency of department processes. As an integral member of the Human Resources team, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
- Coordinates the on-boarding of new staff, facilitation of orientation process and staff exit process
- Enhances the organization’s orientation and onboarding model to improve the effectiveness of new employees
- Prepares organizational position descriptions, in collaboration with hiring managers and departmental directors
- Updates and maintains the existing learning library and resources
- Assists with conducting research for policies, training, and other Human Resource matters
- Plans and implements departmental and companywide training initiatives
- Coordinates and implements a sustainable and effective internship program
- Participates in the development and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies
- Promotes a healthy workplace by facilitating staff care and encouraging mental and physical wellness
- Performs administrative support functions such as preparing communications and manuals as determined by the Human Resources Manager
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Business Degree or Diploma with a major or concentration in Human Resources
- 2-3 years of experience as a part of a Human Resources team
- Knowledge of relevant Human Resource practices and applicable legislation
- Mature, professional demeanor combined with customer service focus when working with people
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills, using tact and diplomacy
- Ongoing passion for personal learning and development of others
- Accurate and efficient; detail-oriented
- Works well within a team environment
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and self-direction skills
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive salary, an attractive full benefits package, a dynamic work environment, as well as the opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose!
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.