Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an individual with strong customer service skills to fill the role of Data Processing Representative in our office in Calgary, AB. This representative is responsible to complete key daily activities related to mail and donation processing. This role will also contribute to the accurate and timely processing of donor information, including but not limited to data entry, recurring donations, mail opening and daily reconciliation. As an integral member of the Information Technology department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a seasonal position in the Calgary head office from early-October 2021 to mid-January 2022.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent data entry skills
- Detail oriented, consistent, accurate and efficient
- Ability to perform routine work in a fast-paced team environment
- General understanding of financial principles
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and also be a team player
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.