Are you a seasoned IT professional with a passion for leadership and a heart for making a difference? Are you ready to lead your team in shaping the future of our IT landscape, fostering collaboration and high performance? Look no further because Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is searching for an exceptional Application Support Manager to join our dynamic IT department.
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
As the Application Support Manager, you’ll be a cornerstone of our IT department’s success. Your key responsibilities will include leading and managing a team of Solution Specialists, providing them with guidance, mentorship, and training to ensure top-tier support for our critical applications. You’ll also oversee the seamless execution of daily support activities, as well as maintain and improve our application portfolio, ensuring our technology remains cutting-edge, aligning with our mission to create a positive global impact. As a valued member of our IT team, you will help the organization carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
The successful candidate will hold a full-time permanent position in Calgary’s head office with comprehensive health benefits, life insurance, and medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability benefits. The position also includes RRSP contributions after one year of employment and 15 vacation days per year to start.
Seize this opportunity to lead, innovate, and contribute to something truly impactful. Apply now, and become a driving force for change at Samaritan’s Purse Canada!
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Empowers team members through coaching on product implementation and support best practices, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment
- Oversees the day-to-day support activities for business-critical applications, vendor relations, and staff-training initiatives
- Enhances team members’ comprehension and execution of change management, encompassing the development of communication plans and the coordination of adoption strategies
- Identifies and presents technology change opportunities to the IT Management team
- Manages and facilitates updates for customer-facing applications to ensure uninterrupted business operations
- Streamlines incoming service requests and guarantees the smooth delivery of IT services
- Collaborates effectively with the Technical Services Team and Network Operations team to address business requirements related to applications
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the requisite business, legal and corporate frameworks, pertinent to the products under their management
- Establishes primary and backup support specialists for all products, safeguarding seamless business continuity
- Qualified applicants must be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 5+ years of proven experience in designing and implementing IT solutions
- 3+ years of experience leading teams, showcasing strong leadership capabilities
- Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adapt swiftly to evolving priorities and changes
- Holds a track record in leading software requirements gathering, overseeing software implementation, and driving staff engagement initiatives
- Ability to communicate with clarity and conciseness, both in written and verbal forms, including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently when necessary
- Proficiency in technical understanding of IT systems and business process management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.