Region: Northern Community, BC
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ
Do you have a desire to see communities impacted with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
Do you have a heart to serve?
Do you love the outdoors; biking, hiking, fishing, and enjoy the small community experience?
If you do, please prayerfully consider applying to this unique ministry opportunity.
The Samaritan’s Purse Dease Lake Ministry Center opened in June 2013 with a focus on providing a Christ–centered environment to the remote community of Dease Lake in Northern B.C. so residents may be exposed to and explore the Christian faith.
The youth worker will participate in and support the programs and activities of the ministry center operations and hospitality services under the direction of ministry program coordinator. This position provides support and guidance to youth so that activities and operations in the facility are undertaken with care, supervision and safety. The youth worker will also be expected to connect with young people and help them to engage in their personal aptitudes and interests at the Center as a part of the ministry center team.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Insight into First Nations community culture and able to develop partnerships with the First Nations and the broader community
- The ability to balance and coordinate multiple tasks and initiatives
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong relational skills, and ability to build cross-cultural bridges
- Proven ability to work with vulnerable individuals and to create a safe environment for them
- Disciplined self-starter; able to work independently with little supervision
- Well-organized to carry out projects/programs to completion
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in First Nation studies, community development, counselling or another related field a definite asset
- Previous engagement in a ministry within a First Nations community would be ideal
Food and accommodation is provided as a taxable benefit, along with some transportation support at the beginning and end of the contract.
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.