Region: Dease Lake, BC
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Do you have a desire to see communities impacted with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
Do you have a heart to serve and lead others?
Do you love the outdoors; biking, hiking, fishing, and enjoy the small community experience?
If you do please prayerfully consider applying to this unique ministry opportunity.
The Samaritan’s Purse Dease Lake Ministry Center has opened in June 2013 with a focus on providing a Christ–centered environment to the remote community of Dease Lake in Northern B.C. so they may be exposed to and explores the Christian Faith.
The Ministry Program Coordinator is a well-rounded individual who is responsible for coordinating the day to day functions of the Samaritan’s Purse Dease Lake Ministry Center. This individual will work with and in support of the local church to develop and implement programs for children and youth in the community, with the focus on leading them towards a knowledge and understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Ministry Program Coordinator will reside in the community of Dease Lake to support the strategic plan of Samaritan’s Purse Canada.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Insight into the First Nation’s community culture and able to develop partnerships with the First Nations as well as the broader community
- Strong relational skills, and ability to build cross-cultural bridges
- Proven ability to work with vulnerable individuals and to create a safe environment for them
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Community Development, Counselling or another related field
- Biblical Studies Certificate
- Pastoral Ministry within a First Nations community, a definite asset
- 5+ years’ experience in teaching or leading a Children’s/Youth Ministry Program
- Event coordination, team building and program management experience
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.