Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Volunteer Relations Coordinator responsible to support the ongoing growth and development of the Connect volunteer ministry across Canada by modifying, enhancing, and implementing Connect training resources and volunteer initiatives. This role will assist in the development of training resources, including e-learning, to equip Connect Volunteers with practical ‘how to’ information and the heart of the biblical, High Impact volunteer model. The Coordinator will be responsible to adapt and implement existing volunteer training curriculums from OCC USA in a Canadian context while maintaining alignment with the global OCC model. As an integral member of the Operation Christmas Child department, this individual will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time position in the Calgary head office.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability in organization and office administration
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Ability to takes initiative; self-starter
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related discipline is required
- Biblical training is an asset
- 1-2 years of experience in office administration is required
- 2-3 years of experience in coordinating volunteers and ministry development
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.