Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is seeking experienced administrative professionals to fill in as casual/part time Volunteer Coordinators to support with the coordination and administration of volunteers and volunteer teams for the Canadian Ministry Projects department. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, database management, communications, logistics, and other administrative functions, and will provide operational support to Canadian disaster relief activities across the country. As an integral member of the Canadian Disaster Relief team, this role will help Samaritan’s Purse Canada carry out its mission and objectives through coordinating volunteers who will provide physical aid to hurting Canadians. This position is casual, with shifts being assigned specifically during a disaster response for approx. 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide coordination and administrative support related to volunteers and volunteer teams for Canadian Disaster Relief
- Respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely and accurate fashion
- Provide information and updates to volunteers to ensure they are properly equipped and prepared
- Coordinate logistics and assist with travel arrangements for volunteer groups
- Communicate in a timely manner with colleagues in the office and the field to ensure information is kept up to date, and any issues are raised
- Update volunteer management system to ensure accuracy of data and communications
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative and/or customer service role
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong administration, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to work with people of all backgrounds and demographics, and demonstrate patience
- Demonstrated experience using database systems such as CRM
- Disaster response and/or volunteer coordination experience is an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.