Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Are you eager to make a meaningful impact while serving overseas and contributing to positive change in communities around the world? Do you possess a solid foundation in program management and design, coupled with exceptional communication abilities? If this describes you, we invite you to consider becoming an integral part of Samaritan’s Purse and contributing to our mission on an international scale.
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
As the Senior Programs Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact by leading, supporting, and coordinating comprehensive relief and recovery programs in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), spreading the Truth, and providing essential aid to nations in need. Additionally, as a valued member of our team, you’ll actively participate in our daily prayer ministry, aligning your work with our mission and objectives.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time position in Bunia, DRC. This position includes family accompaniment, benefits of life insurance, international medical/dental, long-term disability, RRSP contributions after one year of employment, and 12 vacation days per year to start.
If you’re ready to use your expertise to effect positive change and play a vital role in achieving our mission at Samaritan’s Purse internationally, we invite you to join us on this rewarding journey. Together, we can make a lasting difference in the lives of those we serve!
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Country Director and Deputy Country Director in strategic planning initiatives
- Liaises between Samaritan’s Purse DRC and governmental authorities, UN agencies, other INGOs, NGOs, donors, and Samaritan’s Purse Affiliates
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse DRC, obtains information and resources, and facilitates collaboration
- Supervises and manages Program Managers and Program Development Officers
- Discerns, manages, and reports critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff
- Qualified applicants must be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse’s Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Fluency in both English and French, encompassing both verbal and written communication is essential
- Staff management cross-culturally, program management, and implementation experience working for an NGO is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the office and in the field
- Strong team player fostering a strong team spirit
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently
- Experience in working with multi-sector programs (ex: food security and livelihoods or health) in a developing world context
- Expertise in program design, proposal development, reporting, and budgeting
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies is an asset
- Valid Passport and necessary travel documents and vaccinations for entry into both the DRC and the United States
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Please submit all applications in English
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.