Location: SW Ontario
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the shoe box gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Are you a self-motivated leader looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the world around you? Consider this opportunity as Regional Manager – SW Ontario. This Manager will be responsible for leading the regional team of year round volunteers through recruitment, development and support for the purpose of increasing gift-filled shoeboxes donated in their region and, in-turn, increase the opportunities to share the Gospel with children and their families around the world. The Manager will motivate volunteers to connect and partner with churches and other like-minded groups towards shoebox growth, and they will provide expertise in the area of volunteer management and biblical leadership. The selected candidate must be an engaged and goal-oriented leader who can inspire their volunteer network team to achieve regional goals and other objectives that are mutually set with their manager. This full-time permanent role operates out of a home office, with travel within the region and helps SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the OCC department.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts, and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Passionate about Christian ministry and sharing the Gospel
- Self-directed and goal-oriented with a capability to turn thoughts into action
- Proven ability to engage and build relationships with churches
- 2-3 years’ experience in recruiting, retaining, and motivating over 100 consistent volunteers
- Strong ability to stimulate personal and group excellence
- Sales and marketing experience, an asset
- Proven leadership skills, with an ability to lead and develop relationships with year-round individuals and teams for the purpose of an ongoing project
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with flexibility in how they achieve outcomes
- Able to work independently, as part of a nationally dispersed team
- Naturally dynamic communicator who is capable motivating and engaging those around them towards Kingdom effectiveness
- A proven track record of product or program growth and success in the for-profit or not-for-profit sectors
- Post-secondary education with a relevant degree/diploma
- Willing and able to fulfill evening and weekend engagements
- Personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel across the region
- Resident of SW Ontario
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and your salary expectations to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.