Region: Ontario/Eastern Canada
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is looking for a Regional Manager in Toronto/Ontario area to be a member of the donor development team for the Ontario/Eastern Canada region. This role will be responsible for meeting financial goals in order to facilitate ministry objectives determined for SPC. Along with developing new relationships and donors, the Regional Manager stewards existing donors as assigned. This team player will participate in fundraising initiatives organized by the department and attends events on behalf of the ministry. Travel throughout the province, and sometimes beyond, will be required. They will build support primarily from individuals, secondarily from corporations, foundations, educational institutions, and churches. The Regional Manager will be expected to make presentations on SPC projects and provide audiences with opportunities to financially support SPC.
The Regional Manager also supports the foundation donor portfolio, and will assist with research and proposal writing resulting in support from new foundations. The Regional Manager will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Donor Development department. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position working remotely from their home office out of Ontario/Eastern Canada. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability, RRSP contributions (after 1 year of employment), and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in major gift fundraising and some foundation grant proposal writing experience an asset
- Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising goals while strengthening an organization’s reputation
- Must be able to work under pressure and manage complex and often competing priorities; ambitious to achieve goals
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, professional
- Ability to work effectively in an often changing environment
- Capable of managing own schedule to ensure targets are achieved
- Must enjoy meeting new people and be resourceful in researching, prospecting, engaging new constituents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about the vision and ministry of SPC and enjoys networking and sharing with others about the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and gifted at public speaking, with proven fundraising ability
- Awareness of Non-Governmental Organization culture, an asset
- Experience with fund development databases and Microsoft Excel
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.