Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Recruiter who will be responsible for the full cycle process for recruiting and selection for all new staff in the organization, both domestically and internationally. This position will support hiring managers to select the right talent for their teams through posting development, interviews and reference checks, and will be the primary contact for all applicants. During the fall season, this individual will contribute in the hiring of over 150 seasonal staff for the Operation Christmas Child season. This position will ensure that all successful applicants have a strong alignment with the mission and purpose of the organization. Additionally, the Recruiter will provide a variety of other HR related administrative support functions.
As an integral member of the Human Resources team, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a one contract position in the Calgary head office.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced in Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Team player
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and self-direction skills
- Able to cultivate and build relationships
- Personable, professional and approachable
- Business Degree or Diploma with a major or concentration in Human Resources
- 2-3 years of experience in a recruiting role
- 2-3 years of experience as a part of a Human Resources team
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.