Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a warm and friendly individual to fill our Receptionist role. This individual will be responsible to ensure that all visitors and callers are greeted and received in a highly professional and courteous manner. This position performs a wide variety of administrative duties to support the operational needs of the organization. As an integral member of the Operations department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Proficient in MS Office
- Pleasant and professional manner when dealing with people, both in-person and over the phone
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Self-directed with ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve as needed
- Able to work independently in a busy, high-traffic environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a receptionist/ office administrator role is an asset
- Experience managing a switchboard with over 50 lines
- Working knowledge of Avaya Soft-console Software or other computer-based switchboards an asset
We offer a competitive salary, an attractive full benefits package, a dynamic work environment, as well as the opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose!
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts, and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.