Location: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Project Manager to fill a one-year maternity leave position. This individual will be responsible to provide project development input, capacity building, implementation support, and general oversight for assigned international humanitarian aid projects with a primary focus in Latin America. This role will inform, assess and evaluate project proposals based on partner capacity, sectoral best practices, financial viability and the organization’s charitable purposes to aid in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This role will also provide ongoing project oversight through regular communication with partners and frequent field visits to projects in order to stay apprised of project progress and ensure that project outcomes are being achieved. The Project Manager will share lessons learned with department colleagues who contribute to ongoing development, and will ensure Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) fulfills its Charitable Purposes and Mission with integrity and excellence. This individual will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Programs & Projects department. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time one year contract position and will be based in the Calgary office ideally starting February 15, 2018.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Knowledgeable of development issues and related theology and missiology
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (Project Management, International Business, International Development)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a direct relief and development environment with at least 2 years’ overseas experience
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of international humanitarian aid projects
- Solid comprehension and understanding in Result-Based Management frameworks
- Experience with institutional grant proposal writing and program development
- Ability to understand and work with people in other cultures and where English is not a primary language
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong organization skills, with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, while being in an open team environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Written and spoken language skills in English and Spanish are required
- Ability to travel internationally, a valid passport or eligibility is a must
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and your salary expectations to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.