Location: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a detail-oriented multi-tasker to fill the role of Administrative Assistant in the Projects Department. This individual is responsible to coordinate and provide administrative support to the development, implementation and management of international relief and development projects. This position accomplishes the day-to-day administrative project functions and works closely with Project Managers by facilitating approval and other documentation required in the implementation of international project activity and maintaining accurate database records of project activity and documentation, all for the purpose of fulfilling Samaritan’s Purse Canada’s Mission.
The Project Administrative Assistant will work out of the SPC office in Calgary, AB for a 1-year contract term, and will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Projects team.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Undergraduate degree in a business or other related field
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Customer service oriented
- Proficient in MS Office with strong data entry skills
- Able to work independently, while working collaboratively in a team environment
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- Solid organization and prioritizing skills to effectively coordinate multiple competing priorities
- English fluency with additional language proficiency in French and/or Spanish an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected