Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Program Management Advisor who will be responsible for providing guidance and support in the design, monitoring and evaluation activities associated with specific projects and overall programming. This position works closely with global organizational program management and development stakeholders seeking to establish communication with key implementers throughout all phases of projects to ensure the best possible chance of success. This position will also provide knowledge and expertise on Global Affairs Canada (GAC) to strengthen global organizational understanding of GAC guidance and priorities. The Program Management Advisor will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a one year full-time contract position, in the Calgary head office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reviews proposals and periodic reports to ensure strong project design, measurement, evaluation and reporting across organizational programming in accordance with Program Management Policies and Field Operations Guide.
- Reviews project agreements and becomes familiar with external institutional donor monitoring and evaluation (M&E) expectations, reporting requirements and confirms proposal objectives carry through to award/project documents.
- Answers ongoing questions and maintains regular communication with regional and field staff.
- Supports country Field Offices in the development of M&E strategies in proposals and reports.
- Mentors, advises and trains regional and field staff in program management and M&E.
- Collaborates with field staff and relevant technical advisors to implement solutions when programs are not meeting their goals.
- Assists regional and country teams to identify program management competencies as requested and develops a learning plan according to need.
- Coordinates with colleagues to ensure appropriate metrics are tracked.
- Facilitates the capturing and communicating of lessons learned with a focus on program design, management, and M&E with the purpose of promoting best practices across the organization’s work and building a library of internal publications.
- Prepares and presents at quarterly review meetings with field staff, regional teams, and other relevant staff as necessary.
- Provides GAC knowledge and expertise to relevant organizational staff to strengthen organizational understanding of GAC guidance and priorities.
- Assists with design, development and review of GAC grant submissions ensuring the development of projects meets GAC guidelines and expectations.
- Participates in strategic Canadian NGO and government forums to strengthen GAC’s awareness of organizational capacity.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Undergraduate degree in international development or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a direct relief and development environment with at least 2 years international experience.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of international humanitarian aid projects.
- Experience in successful proposal writing and submissions to the Government of Canada and management of funding awarded.
- Comprehensive knowledge in relief and development issues and solutions in international rural settings.
- Strong comprehension and understanding of international humanitarian projects.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Familiarity with GAC grant regulations and strategies.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while participating in a team environment.
- Able to prioritize and manage time and projects effectively ensuring all objectives are achieved.
- High attention to detail, thorough and accurate.
- Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally for 30-40% of the contract.
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.