Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is looking for a Program Developer to join their Canadian Ministry Projects (CMP) team. Reporting to the Director of Canadian Ministry Projects, the Program Developer will assist in the development of programs, proposals and related capacity building specifically with research and development projects that align with Samaritan’s Purse Canada’s ongoing priorities and initiatives. The Program Developer also works with ministry stakeholders and partners to share lessons learned with other NGO’s and governments for the purpose of raising the professional profile of the organization. As an integral member of the CMP department, this role will help Samaritan’s Purse Canada carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time one-year contract position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop a cohesive strategy/philosophy for strengths-based community recovery.
- Network with local Christian ministries and Churches to identify emerging programs needing development inputs.
- Raise the professional profile of the ministry among NGO and Government actors across Canada through presentations, networking and shared research opportunities.
- Demonstrate excellence in the content, accuracy, and organization of information produced.
- Write and present articles, presentations, and communications, articulating CMP’s recovery approach for outside audiences.
- Conduct field visits to projects to gather in-depth knowledge of each project to contribute to research and development and implementation.
- Keep current on new developments in the NGO community incorporating key learnings and new innovations into Samaritan’s Purse Canada’s projects.
- Facilitate provision of technical support and training workshops to project staff and implementing partners.
- Engage community and church leaders in developing community-based recovery materials for municipalities’ recovery from disaster.
- Produce material based on our recovery strategy for team member’s onboarding and training.
- Bring Biblical values and applied theology consistent with Samaritan’s Purse Canada to the development of leading edge humanitarian programs and practices.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Advanced Degree in Community Development, Missiology, or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in information gathering and reporting to internal and external agencies.
- Strong administration, organization and prioritization skills
- Clear communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent interviewing techniques
- Above average written and verbal communication skills in English: French would be an asset
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Competency with Microsoft office suite computer software
- Able to work independently while participating in a team environment
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.