Region: Southern Ontario Location: TBA
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada has several short-term opportunities for energetic, team-oriented individuals who enjoy and are skilled in volunteer leadership for our processing center (warehouse) for the Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Program. Strong people skills are expected from all applicants, and positions are being filled in various roles:
- Shipping/Receiving Team is required to lead a team of volunteers in the movement of shoe boxes from time of delivery to shipping out. Ability to operate simple warehouse equipment is ideal, forklift certification/experience would be a definite asset. Lifting required.
- Team Coaches are required to lead a team of volunteers in the inspection and preparation of shoeboxes for shipping. The job requires a moderate amount of physical activity and some lifting is required.
- Reception is required to maintain records and register volunteers. Organizational skills are essential and basic computer skills are required.
- Gift in Kind Coordinator and Inappropriate Items Coordinator are required to sort and organize donated shoebox filler items for inspection tables, as well as organize inappropriate items to go to local charities.
- Packing Team is required to pack shoeboxes in cartons and palletize. The job requires a moderate amount of physical activity and some lifting is required.
- Inventory Coordinator is required to ensure shoeboxes are positioned at the inspection tables. This job requires a moderate amount of physical activity and some lifting is required.
Processing Center staff are hired on seasonal contracts from late-November to mid-December 2018.
Daytime, evening and Saturday shifts are available. Preference will be given to candidates with full-time availability.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to Christian values and precepts, and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Has a working knowledge of OCC and other programs of Samaritan’s Purse
- Has good communication, instructional and customer service skills
- Is dependable and a self-starter
- Good people skills and is an adaptable team player
- Leadership, delegation and problem solving skills
3 Steps to Apply:
- Print an Application Form
- Complete the Application Form
- Send in your Application Form, by:
a. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (indicated “OCC Processing Center” in the subject line)
b. Fax: 403-250-6567 – ATTN: OCC Project Manager
c. or Mail: Attn: OCC Project Manager, Samaritan’s Purse, 20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Interviews will be ongoing until all positions have been filled
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.