Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is an evangelical Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Based out of our Calgary Head Office, our Phone Contact Team Members engage our supporters, churches and volunteers through telephone conversations, where representatives have the opportunity to update, thank, pray for and inform our donors of ministry initiatives and opportunities. The representatives will engage in opportunities to better serve and connect with various constituents. Working hours of this team are carried out on a casual basis dependent on the needs of the organization with a preferred employee commitment of approximately 15-20+ hours per week.
As an integral member of the Donor Services department, this role will carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a part-time casual position in the Calgary office.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Experience in communicating with existing and potential constituents in a fundraising, call center and/or customer service capacity
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- 1-2 years of data entry experience
- Ability to perform routine work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision as part of a small team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Must have professional and personable phone demeanor
French language fluency considered an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.