Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is looking for an experienced Pharmacy Supply Chain Assistant (PSCA) to join our Programs and Projects (P&PD) team. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating closely with the International Health Unit (IHU) at Samaritan’s Purse International Headquarters. The PSCA serves in a support role to the Pharmacy Supply Chain Specialist. The selected candidate will oversee the daily management of Emergency Medical Response (EMR) inventories, including inventory control and expiry management. They will also aid in coordinating a global medical supply chain for pharmaceuticals, assist in managing inventory systems, and provide medical logistics training for the International Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART). As an integral member of the P&PD department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily devotions and prayer ministry.
This is a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office with an anticipated start date set for January 2024. The role includes a comprehensive benefits package, including life insurance, medical/dental coverage, and short-term/long-term disability benefits. In addition, we provide free parking and 15 days of vacation per year.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Pharmacy Supply Chain Specialist and the IHU by monitoring supply levels, analyzing inventory consumption and assisting with the resupply process for consumables, lab and pharmacy as needed
- Support the receiving and incoming inspection/verification processes
- Accurately count and receive items into inventory while collecting lot and expiry information
- Assemble pre-defined modules as assigned
- Monitor product expiration date of all items and provide periodic reports to the Pharmacy Supply Chain Specialist of expiring products
- Remove expired products and replace them with new stock and update the database accordingly
- Coordinate SPC medical inputs into disaster response activity as part of the SP global coordinated response.
- Assists with loading cargo at the time of response on an as-needed basis
- Collaborate as part of the International Disaster Response team to advance the vision and capacities of SPC in disaster relief activities
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Undergraduate Degree
- Medical background a strong asset
- Understanding of pharmaceuticals is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, thorough, and accurate
- Strong administration, organization, and prioritization skills
- Strong customer service/communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and meet tight deadlines
- Valid passport
- Certified in Emergency First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License
- Criminal Background Check with a Vulnerable Sector
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, talk, hear, and lift up to 50 lbs
- Be able to maintain long work hours while traveling
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.