Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is looking for an experienced accounting/administrative professional to join our Finance team as Payroll Coordinator. Reporting to the Payroll & Benefits Manager, the Payroll Coordinator will assist with processing, administering, and maintaining all payroll activities and company benefits for all Samaritan’s Purse Canada staff including domestic, overseas, and seasonal staff. This position also assists and supports the Payroll and Benefits Manager with the timely and accurate processing of expense-related accounting information. As an integral member of the Finance department, this role will help Samaritan’s Purse Canada carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time one-year contract position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process, administer and maintain all payroll activities for all Samaritan’s Purse Canada staff including domestic, overseas and seasonal staff
- Process, administer and maintain company benefits for all Samaritan’s Purse Canada staff including medical, dental, RRSP benefits, and vacation entitlement
- Support Payroll and Benefits Manager with expense reporting, including verification, accuracy, and coding, and prepare related accounting entries
- Assist Payroll and Benefits Manager with year-end payroll reports and issuance of year-end tax slips/forms to employees
- Assist the Payroll and Benefits Manager with other duties as required
- Assist the finance team and cover for other finance staff as required by the Director of Finance
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Under graduate degree or diploma in a related field (Business Administration, Accounting)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the payroll or financial field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel in particular
- Proficient in accounting methods, proper internal control practices and financial systems
- Familiarity with government requirements and regulations for charities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.