Do you have proven experience in accounting and administration, specifically in payroll processing? Are you passionate about humanitarian work with a keen eye for detail? If so, Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) invites you to join our team as a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator!
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
As the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in facilitating, managing, and ensuring the smooth operation of all payroll functions and employee benefit programs for Samaritan’s Purse Canada. Your responsibilities extend to both domestic and international staff, as well as seasonal personnel. In addition to overseeing payroll activities, you will collaborate closely with the Payroll and Benefits Manager to guarantee the prompt and precise processing of expense-related accounting data. As an integral member of the Finance department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time one-year contract position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Apply now and become a catalyst for hope and compassion. Your journey with Samaritan’s Purse Canada awaits!
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversees and executes full-cycle payroll activities for SPC staff, encompassing domestic, overseas, and seasonal personnel
- Processes, administers, and maintains company benefits for all SPC staff including medical, dental, RRSP benefits, and vacation entitlement
- Provides crucial support with expense reporting, including verification, accuracy, and coding, and prepares related accounting entries to maintain financial precision
- Assists in the year-end payroll process by generating comprehensive reports and facilitating the issuance of year-end tax slips/forms to employees
- Qualified applicants must be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the SPC Statement of Faith
- Under graduate degree or diploma in a related field (Business Administration, Accounting)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the payroll or financial field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel in particular
- Proficient in accounting methods, proper internal control practices and financial systems
- Familiarity with government requirements and regulations for charities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.