Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Operations Christmas Child (OCC) is a program of Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) that seeks to bless children through the distribution of gift filled shoeboxes and to share with them the good news of Jesus Christ and his love for them. We are looking for a highly relational individual to be part of the Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Program of Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) as Partnerships & Promotions Manager who will be responsible for strategically analyzing, planning, developing, and implementing all information and promotional materials to enable sharing the Gospel message by expanding awareness and participation in the evangelistic, discipleship and multiplication work of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
The successful candidate will build and implement a domestic strategic plan including use of ministry resources/materials to enable development of all aspects of the domestic partnerships program and actively promote OCC wherever possible. The Partnerships & Promotions Manager will also seek to optimize OCC International Headquarters (IHQ) related partnership and promotion resources and initiatives while also coordinating messaging and activities with the SPC Marketing team. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability, RRSP contributions (after 1 year of employment), free parking and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyze and secure potential ministry partner relationships that support fulfillment of OCC’s mission
- Develop and implement a Gospel focused promotional strategy targeting like-minded Project Leader volunteers in collaboration with the OCC Director, the Marketing Team and Communication Advisors
- Build and implement a domestic strategic plan in coordination with The Greatest Journey (TGJ) Brand Department at IHQ to increase awareness of our Evangelism, Discipleship and Multiplication efforts through promoting TGJ while ensuring the Gospel is clearly shared through all materials and promotional channels
- Provide support services to all aspects of the Connect Volunteer Network and Domestic Management Team including partnership and promotional tools, content, and Gospel focused messaging
- Lead all public-facing communications for OCC ensuring clear Gospel focused messaging, in collaboration with the Communications and Creative Services Department, whether it be print, promotional materials, web, social media, eblasts, campaigns, etc.
- Support the shoebox collection network domestically with ministry materials and managing ministry events regionally and nationally providing awareness of the Gospel and its impact on the work of OCC
- Manage the production and distribution of all aspect of all OCC print materials with the Marketing Team and the Communications Advisor and OCC IHQ ensuring the distribution process includes a clear Gospel message
- Develop and maintain a yearly calendar of events, projects and tasks; create and manage the annual promotional calendar in conjunction with OCC IHQ
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in Business Development/Sales, Marketing or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and all primary Social Media platforms
- Strategic analysis, promotions and planning background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
- Able to navigate through a variety of communication channels effectively
- Sound working knowledge of group processes and group facilitation
- Detail oriented with proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a strong sense of commitment
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.