Region: Atlantic Canada/Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the shoe box gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Are you a dynamic, self-motivated individual, looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the world around you? Consider this opportunity as Regional Manager- Atlantic Canada. This manager will be responsible to engage within Atlantic Canada, for the purpose of increasing the number of gift-filled shoeboxes donated in the region and, in-turn, increase the Gospel opportunities for children around the world through those boxes. The selected candidate must be goal oriented as they will be expected to achieve regional shoebox goals and other objectives. The Regional Manager will be responsible for recruiting, developing and encouraging significant teams of volunteers and participant groups to grow participation in and support for the OCC program. The individual will also connect and work with Christian churches and schools and other like-minded communities, representing OCC and SPC in the region. The successful candidate will fulfill this full-time permanent role from either a home-based office located within the region or from the Calgary main office and help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the OCC department.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts, which are reflected in their personal walk with the Lord, and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Passionate about Christian ministry and sharing the Gospel
- Self-directed and goal-oriented
- Able to engage churches and grow the OCC program by increasing the number of shoeboxes and Gospel opportunities
- Experience in recruiting and developing individuals, volunteers and teams
- Sales and marketing experience, an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Able to work independently, as part of a nationally dispersed team
- Naturally dynamic communicator who is capable motivating and engaging those around them towards Kingdom effectiveness
- A proven track record of product or program growth and success in the for-profit or not-for-profit sectors
- Willing and able to fulfill evening and weekend engagements
- Personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel across the region, if based in Atlantic Canada
- Required to travel within the assigned region for 45-60 days / year
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.