Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is a program of Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) that seeks to bless children through the international distribution of gift-filled shoeboxes packed by Canadians, and to share with them the good news of Jesus Christ and His love for them. We are looking for a bilingual International Regional Director who will serve the SPC/OCC International Team with a regional focus on relationship building, development, implementation and management of the volunteer National Leadership Teams (NLT) who will be responsible for the strategic planning, development, and implementation of all promotional materials and activities for OCC. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support OCC operations for five countries in West Africa (Gambia, Sierra Leon, Senegal, Guinea Bissau & Guinea Conakry.) As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office. Work from home arrangement may be considered for out of town applicants. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability, RRSP contributions (after 1 year of employment), free parking and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implement OCC Projects in the areas of Logistics, Teambuilding, Ministry Partner Development
- Recruit, select, train and equip volunteer leadership teams to manage the recruitment and training of their teams.
- Provide vision, program and people development for OCC Projects in assigned regions
- Oversee all aspects of The Greatest Journey Discipleship Program
- Provide guidance for regional engagement by SPC OCC logistics, field support, international headquarters and domestic teams
- Directly supervise staff, contractors, and volunteer National Leadership Teams (NLT) in the assigned region
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Speaking and writing fluency in English and French is a requirement for this position (additionally, Portuguese would be considered an asset)
- Post-secondary education in a related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in International Relations, Project management or similar
- Proficient in Windows Office Suite computer applications
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a strong sense of commitment while being flexible and adaptable working with different time-zones
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills both verbal and written, and able to navigate through a variety of communication channels effectively
- Training and development experience with knowledge of adult learning principles is highly desirable
- Exceptional organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Strong financial acumen with previous experience in financial reporting will be an asset
- Knowledge of West African culture is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks independently and under deadlines
- Knowledgeable in international group travel planning, hosting and protocol
- Ability to work and travel internationally on a frequent basis.
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.