Location: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the shoebox gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC). We are looking for a volunteer who will be responsible to contact existing business establishments who have previously donated excess inventory, equipment and supplies for the processing center, and/or items that can be used as fillers for shoebox gifts. This person will also research and contact new prospective corporate donors that may be interested in supporting the ministry through gift in kind donations. The successful candidate will fulfill this volunteer role for a minimum of a 1 year term, with an ideal weekly time commitment of maximum 3 – 6 hours at the Calgary Head Office.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts, which are reflected in their personal walk with the Lord, and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
- Comfortable with MS Office: Word and Excel
- Some cold calling experience would be an asset
- Detail oriented with proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Self-starter with a strong sense of commitment
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and private information
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry, to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.