Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an Office Manager who will be responsible to oversee the facility’s office area, reception staff and processes related to these areas. The Office Manager acts as a key contact to other departments and vendors, ensuring effective office spaces and resources are obtained for ministry use and provides administrative support to the Operations team. Additionally, this position handles all arrangements for internal and external users of the facility.
As an integral member of the Operations department this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full time position in the Calgary head office
- Manages the office environment as it relates to equipment, décor, furniture, audio & visual systems and organizational standards
- Supervises, trains and guides staff and volunteers to professionally handle responsibilities including facility needs and reception
- Manages and implements a preventative maintenance plan in collaboration with the Facility Supervisor
- Oversees all janitorial responsibilities, including contractors, to ensure organizational standards are upheld
- Works with client departments to determine facility, equipment and logistical needs
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with current vendors and researches appropriate new vendors as needs arise
- Available as needed before & after business hours, on weekends, and on call for after hour emergencies
- Maintains a cursory knowledge of the Shipping & Receiving processing to provide back-up support to the Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
- Provides administrative support to Operations team
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of computer applications
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Self-directed with the ability to work in team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills and abilities
- Pleasant, upbeat and professional demeanour
- Ability to take initiative
- Data entry skills
- Minimum post-secondary education in Business Administration (preferred) or related discipline
Minimum 3 years supervisory or office management experience
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.