Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the Shoebox gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is seeking team players to join our Processing Center Team. The Processing Center Shipping & Receiving Team is responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient loading and unloading of containers and trailers. The Shipping and Receiving team ensures the orderly and accurate documentation of all shoebox gifts received and shipped. These roles include; Shipping, Receiving, Forklift Operator and Final Count. These positions will also work with other staff to coordinate and meet all deadlines for shipping and receiving commitments. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative
- Good physical health with the ability to lift/move heavy items, perform repetitive tasks, walking or standing for long stretches of time
- High School Diploma
- 2-5 years of warehouse shipping and receiving experience is an asset (Shipping and Receiving Supervisor)
- 1 year of warehouse shipping and receiving experience is an asset
3 Steps to Apply:
- Print an Application Form
- Complete the Application Form
- Send in your Application Form, by:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (indicated “OCC Processing” in the subject line)
- Fax: 403-250-6567 – ATTN: Assistant Operations Manager
Attention: Assistant Operations Manager
Samaritan’s Purse Canada
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Following Alberta Public Health guidelines during the current global COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to providing staff, volunteers and visitors in our Calgary office an environment safe from exposure to COVID-9 through regular cleaning and sanitizing of the building, control of traffic and number of people to avoid congestion, PPE and hand sanitizing stations throughout the building, etc. We also conduct a health screening including temperature check for all staff and visitors entering the building. Read important COVID-19 updates for Operation Christmas Child.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.