Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Operations Christmas Child (OCC) is a program of Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) that seeks to bless children through the international distribution of gift-filled shoeboxes packed by Canadians. We are looking for an experienced bilingual (English and French) professional with strong administrative, communication and training skills to represent SPC and OCC as International Regional Manager, with a focus on overseeing the development and implementation of ministry strategy within the West Africa region (Gambia, Sierra Leon, Senegal, Guinea Bissau & Guinea Conakry). This position’s oversight will include Volunteer Ministry program, The Greatest Journey (TGJ) Discipleship program, Ministry Partner (MP) selection and training, financial stewardship of Country Grants and overall resources, and Unreached People Group initiatives in the region. Through its efforts, this role contributes to the global mission of sharing the Gospel message with children across the world. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a one-year contract position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short term/long term disability, free parking and 15 days of vacation per year to start.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the International Regional Director (IRD) with preparing and articulating annual vision and goals as well as work closely with the National Leadership Teams (NLT) with strategic planning & project implementation
- Support the IRD, with the recruitment, selection and training of volunteer leadership teams
- Develop, track, manage and steward the annual regional operating budget and create annual country budgets for the West Africa region and monitor through spot checks, monthly reconciliation calls, etc.
- Oversee the TGJ management system, stewarding ministry material and provide field leadership, coaching, training (remote and field-based) and accountability for the West Africa region
- Assist with, or lead conflict management or mitigation meetings with contractors, volunteer leaders, MPs or TGJ Teachers
- Collaborate with International Headquarters (IHQ) regarding feedback, developing solutions, and achieving global goals in the areas of Volunteer Ministry, TGJ, and MP program development
- Support the planning and implementation of special trips and other SPC initiatives within the region
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Speaking and writing fluency in English and French is a requirement for this position
- Post-secondary education in a related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in International Relations, Project management or similar
- Proficient in Windows Office Suite computer applications
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a strong sense of commitment while being flexible and adaptable working with different time-zones
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills both verbal and written, and able to navigate through a variety of communication channels effectively
- Training and development experience with knowledge of adult learning principles is highly desirable
- Exceptional organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Strong financial acumen with previous experience in financial reporting will be an asset
- Knowledge of West African culture is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks independently and under deadlines
- Knowledgeable in international group travel planning, hosting and protocol
- Ability to work and travel internationally on a frequent basis.
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.