Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the Shoebox gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is seeking volunteers who are friendly and outgoing. Our Greeter will be responsible to welcome individuals arriving at the Processing Center. One of the key roles is to receive shoeboxes, Gifts In Kind and donations. The purposes of this role is to contribute to a missional atmosphere that is friendly, welcoming and evangelistic, to create a positive customer service experience for individuals, and to help the ministry efficiently and effectively track donations. The Greeter also provides tours as requested and covers all pre-arranged tours. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Commitment to the ministry goals of Samaritan’s Purse and the Operation Christmas Child program
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrates diplomatic and discernment skills
- Is dependable and a self-starter
- Good physical health with the ability to walk or stand for long stretches of time
3 Steps to Apply:
- Print an Application Form
- Complete the Application Form
- Send in your Application Form, by:
Following Alberta Public Health guidelines during the current global COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to providing staff, volunteers and visitors in our Calgary office an environment safe from exposure to COVID-9 through regular cleaning and sanitizing of the building, control of traffic and number of people to avoid congestion, PPE and hand sanitizing stations throughout the building, etc. We also conduct a health screening including temperature check for all staff and visitors entering the building. Read important COVID-19 updates for Operation Christmas Child.
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.