Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is showing God’s love is through the international distribution of gift-filled shoeboxes packed by Canadians through our Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Ministry. We are looking for a Marketing Advisor who will be responsible for the strategic planning, development, and implementation of all promotional materials and activities for OCC.
- Secure and maintain national and commercial partnerships
- Lead all public-facing communications for OCC, including print, web, social media and live events
- Create and coordinate promotional events on a local, regional and national level
- Evaluate all promotional needs for OCC events and activities
As an integral member of the OCC department, this person should have a heart for evangelism and will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will work out of the Calgary Head office in a full-time one year contract, with the possibility of extension.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts, and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Business Administration/ Analytics, or a related field is required
- 3+ years of experience in Business Administration/ Analytics or Marketing
- Project management, event management and public relations experience would be ideal
- Prior experience in working with volunteers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Effective communicator with demonstrated leadership ability
- Able to navigate through a variety of communication channels effectively
- Detail oriented with proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a strong sense of commitment
We offer a competitive salary, an attractive full benefits package, a dynamic work environment, as well as the opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose!
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts, and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.