Location: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has designed a summer internship program to give university students and recent graduates an educational understanding of how Samaritan’s Purse operates while entrusting them with substantive and diverse work experience.
There is a new internship opportunity available in July and August with our Communications & Creative Services team. Interns will experience the intricate workings of an international non-profit organization and help impact the world in Jesus’ name while applying their acquired knowledge from their post-secondary education, and develop skills in a professional setting.
This person will be comfortable creating content on a variety of social media platforms as well as websites, e-blasts and print materials. This intern may also provide graphic design services, and work closely with video and audio production staff along with developing a close working relationship with all other departments. Interns will help SPC carry out its evangelistic mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. This is a paid internship working out of our main office in Calgary, AB.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Completed a minimum of 2 years, or a recent graduate from a university-level Communications and/or Marketing program
- Demonstrated writing/editing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Suite, WordPress and HTML
- Photography/video skills would be an asset
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as part of a small team often facing tight and competing deadlines
- Servant hearted and not afraid to ask questions
To apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and explain why you would be a great intern to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 16, 2018